Update concerning weather forecasts

Published on: 5 June, 2017

At the moment, weather forecasts are not positive. Strong winds are expected this Wednesday: the mean wind strength is 5 bft. For most of the track of the regatta (Zuid-Holland) the KNMI gives a ‘code green’, for a small part (Noord-Holland, region Schiphol) code yellow is given. However, on the Kagerplassen, a wide open water basin, strong winds of 6 bft are expected with gusts up to 7 or 8 bft.

It is important that the crossing of the Kagerplassen can be made safely by all participating crews, which cannot be guaranteed by the current forecasts. The organisation is keeping a close eye on the forecasts and the safety of our participants. Tuesday 6th of June in the afternoon, we’ll make a decision concerning the continuation of the Regatta. A news item will be posted on our website. The last moment the organisation will decide on (not) proceeding the Regatta will be Wednesday morning 05:00. Every crew will then receive a bulk text message at the given number of their contact-person.

The regatta will take place, unless the organization explicitly communicates otherwise.

white gradient